Friday, December 17, 2010

A Puzzle and a Prize

Today is my birthday!

To celebrate it the Luapula police force will be holding a ball in my honor tonight.
I'm just kidding. But, the annual Police Ball is happening tonight and Tom and I will be attending. Not only will we be attending but we have prepared a ballroom-esque dance to perform at some point in the evening. We've been practicing hard and long for this moment. Neither of us really have any training and so the choreography might be interesting. I promise to fill you in on all the details no matter how mortifying.

Now, since it's my special day, I want to play a little game with you. 

In April, I bought one of my all time favorite movies but decided to keep it tucked away until my birthday as a gift to myself. I've had it on my T-shirt shelf all these months and have been nearly tingling with anticipation as my day drew ever closer.

This movie stars Robert Redford and Paul Newman (can hardly get any better than that!). It won 7 Academy awards. It is over two hours long. It is also as old as I am.

So, can you guess the movie?

If you guess correctly you will be entered in my giveaway. I will send you a 2 yard piece of African cloth if your entry is randomly selected. 

You get extra entries if you are a follower of this blog or the Kazembe Orphanage Facebook page. Leave me a comment for either of those options. The contest ends on Monday 5 PM PST. I will announce the winner on Tuesday's blog post. You must leave an email address so I can contact you. This contest is open to any and all*. Have fun!

*Well, all but my children who know exactly what movie is sitting on my shelf right now....

Exactly One Year Ago: Happy Birthday to Me!

16 comments:

  1. I'm going to go with the movie "The Sting" sounds um... interesting! :) Hope you enjoy it and be sure to take a picture of your pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 'liked' you on facebook and tried to become a follower but it wouldn't work. Forgot my email on my 'guess the movie comment'.

    andtheycallherblessedATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I cheated a little, but it must be The Sting. I don't think I've ever seen it. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I follow your blog in google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I "like" the orphanage page too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, young lady! I'm old enough to have seen "The Sting" when it was playing in theaters! But my favorite Redford-Newman movie was four years earlier--"Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"! Hope you videotape your dance for us! :-)

    pamk@windstream.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, it's The Sting. You know I've never seen that movie! I would love to win some fabric.

    Hugs & love,
    Mimi

    hoerauf at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow you with GFC.

    Mimi

    hoerauf at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I left a comment on your wall, for some reason I couldn't follow you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, Amy! I'm also guessing The Sting. My husband loves that movie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday. I have seen the Sting and you will love it, it's a great movie that only works once because all the surprises are gone after the first time. I hope you had a great day, a lovely dance, and enjoyed your movie. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from SITS. I hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your movie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Sting is a great movie! They dont make them like they used to. Now I sound like my grandmother, oops

    sheri hoffee
    slhdive@earthlink.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have guessed Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Now I have to go google to see if they are even in that movie together. Meanwhile, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love the anticipation of a great movie! Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely has to be The Sting. Great flick -- would you believe that I found that movie down here in a basket of discounted DVDs -- everything was marked at $2 or $3 (US price) because they were pure English -- no Spanish subtitles even.

    Do post photos of the ball!!! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy belated birthday!! Sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis