Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Think God Loves Me

A couple weeks ago I discovered a new website: Kitchen Belleicious. I've really been enjoying looking over her recipes and trying new things.

A recipe I was most excited to find was one for Sourdough bread. I love, love, love Sourdough bread!!! Now, that I think about it it's probably not a good idea for me to have in the house. Hmmm....

Anyway, I was so happy to find this new recipe and was eager to try it out. 

One problem......it needed instant mashed potato flakes. Oh, dear. There are none of those to be found in my little grocery store. I determined to try the more expensive stores on our next trip to Lusaka.

This week we got some guests. We all have mutual friends in Lusaka and those Lusaka friends sent up a box of assorted groceries for us that they had collected from a store in Lusaka. The store distributes soon to expire goods to orphanages. 

I'm sure you can guess what was in that box.

You got it!

Instant Mashed Potatoes!!!


I don't know if it will work the same as flakes but I'm gonna try it. I will let you know....

So, this is my science experiment. I started it Thursday night and left it out overnight and now it has to stay in the fridge for 3 days and then be fed, left out for 12 hours, back in the fridge to sleep for 3 days, get fed again and then have playtime on the counter for 12 hours. 
Why on earth I thought I could handle feeding yet another thing on schedule I have no idea.


I very well might be mad.

But at least I know I'm loved!

4 comments:

  1. I know what a blessing something like this can be!! Good luck on your sourdough bread adventure. I look forward to hearing how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your starter turns out well. I can never remember to feed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried sourdough starter once & it got too scary & I pitched it!

    Good luck with yours.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. If that turns out well, I'll be crazy excited for you. But i have to admit, stuff like that scares me. I once had a friend that gave me a Friendship Bread starter, but I just couldn't keep up with it.

    ReplyDelete

Come hang out with me. Your comments brighten my day and make me feel less lonely in my corner of the globe. .Wanna know more about my crazy life? Give a shout!

You can also email me at amymorrowinafricaATgmailDOTcom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis